The photos are of a series of meetings which have been taking place to let the local community know about what is going on.
In the New Year I'm hoping to set up a Serenje blog, where every couple of weeks we'll add a report on some aspect of what is going on, as well as photo updates. Until then I'll use my blog to try and keep everyone updated.
As well as the photos I thought you might be interested in this email from Leah who works for the Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia (EFZ) who are the partners we are working with, through Tearfund, in Serenje.
There ar trips being planned to Serenje for April and August next year. More details once we've got the exact dates confirmed.
Hope you're having a great (cold free) week.
Sent: 12 December 2008 09:06
Subject: Serenje Project Update
Dear Pastors Catrina and Simon,
Greetings from Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia.
I remember your faces often – on a weekly basis as we discuss the Serenje Project. You are very special because God has chosen your church to demonstrate the Kingdom and to be part of those that would carry Gods Agenda for the end time. I am so excited!
The mystery of God – It was in His HEART to establish His Name in Serenje communities – and so He sought for a people in the name of Kerith Church.
So what is happening in communities of Kankoso, Chilisha, Kashitu and Mwansankano? A LOT…
The implementation of the project has started and below are some highlights:
- We have had discussions in each of the communities including a meeting with the chief!
- Project plans have been discussed and communities have shared their challenges and action is taking place
- Small scale farmers (vulnerable families) have been identified and are already planting beans and groundnuts, to be followed by planting cassava cuttings and sweat potato roots in early January.
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children are being identified right now in target villages and communities.
- Serenje Pastors Fellowship Project Committee are visiting schools to assess capacity of schools – and availability of school places.
- The District Commissioner in Serenje was very happy to have EFZ go and share development plans for Serenje and is ready to offer all the help we need – he is a God fearing man.
- The Field Officer and four teams are going round the villages and communities right now to ascertain implementation plans are going on schedule.
A detailed report will follow and PLENTY of pictures.
Greetings from Serenje to Pastor Ben and the team that visited!
In His Service,