This coming Sunday evening, starting at 6pm in the Kerith Centre, we're going to be celebrating all that God has done in us and through us in Serenje over the last 5 years (for anyone who doesn't know Serenje is a rural community in Zambia where for the last 5 years we've supported an HIV/AIDS project). It's going to be a brilliant evening as we:
- Tell the story of how the project started and how God joined our hearts with the people of Serenje
- Hear about what the project achieved over the last 5 years
- Get an update on the building of the dormitory - a project to build a dormitory for 100 girls
- Celebrate how local Bracknell Forest schools got involved in the project
- Hear about how medical provision in Serenje has been transformed
- Remember some of the other things God has done through the project
- Find out what is going to happen next and how we can individually be involved
Andy Jackson and Zoe Hayes will be taking us through the story, along with lots of video of clips of what has happened over the years. We've also got a good friend of ours, Jamie Fyleman, coming from Tearfund to explain the next phase of the project.
It should finish by 7.30pm, and it's the start of half term, so hopefully many of our children who have played their part will be able to come as well.
Hope to see you there (and don't miss out on hearing the Ten10 speakers in Bracknell and Sandhurst in the morning either!),