Chris Tickner, who has been a valuable part of our Finance team for the past 21 months, has decided to step down so we now have an opportunity for a part-time Accounts Assistant working 24 hours per week.
This is a key role, helping to serve and enable the church - its leaders, staff and volunteers - by accounting and managing the day to day running of our finances. It would suit someone who has some accounting or book-keeping experience, is numerate, loves procedures and order and enjoys working in a team. I've included an outline job description below but if you need any more information, please email our Financial Controller Helen Dodwell.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you or anyone you know who is looking for a change and a challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
Application packs are available from the Kerith Centre reception, or email Ali Hudell (HR Manager).
This is a paid position working 24 hours per week.
The main purpose of the role is to maintain accurate accounting records to Trial Balance with the duties involved being to:
- Maintain an accurate & timely set of accounts to Trial Balance for Kerith & Kerith Resources
- Prepare accurate offerings & gift day totals on Excel
- Record all Direct to Bank Giving
- Perform weekly banking & maintain reconciled cash holdings
- Maintain & reconcile all petty cash & floats for all ministries within Kerith
- Manage the purchase ledger, from receipt of invoice to payment
- Account for all staff & volunteer expenses
- Manage the sales ledger, from raising invoices to receipt of third party payment
- Report spends on nominal ledger to Budget Holders as required
- Maintain & reconcile Resource till & floats
- Manage cash & account for all purchases for multi-sites
- Perform any other duties as required by the Financial Controller and Senior Management Team