One of our highest priorities as a church is to make sure that all the children who acces our various meetings are kept safe. To that end I'm so pleased that we've got the amazing Hilary Hulme working as our Safeguarding Officer. Hilary does untold amounts of work, so much of it unseen, to make sure the environment we provide for children and vulnerable adults is as safe as it possibly can be.
To that end one of the things Hilary arranges is for everyone working with under 18's in or community to attend safeguarding training every three years. I attended one of these courses recently and found it both helpful and sobering as to what we need to do and be looking out for, and what can go wrong if we don't do our job properly.
Here are some details on the forthcoming courses:
- It’s a Bracknell Forest course which Hilary delivers on behalf of the Local Child Safeguarding Board.
- In order to comply with government guidance everyone who volunteers with under 18s needs to do the course.
- The training needs to be renewed every 3 years.
- Some people may have completed the course through their work or through another voluntary organisation so they don’t need to come to the Kerith one. If so you just need to let Hilary know you've already completed a course and send her a copy of your certificate.
- Hilary has arranged 4 dates in June on different days of the week to enable people to do the training (you only need to book one date!).
The dates are as follows. Just click on the link to register for that particular date:
- Saturday 3rd June 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 13th June 7pm – 10pm
- Monday 19th June 7pm – 10pm
- Tuesday 27th June 7pm – 10pm
All the courses will take place on our Bracknell site.
If this applies to you please serve Hilary and our children well by booking into one of these courses. And if you see Hilary around please take time to thank her for the amazing job she's doing for our community.