Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:7, 8 NIV)
This Sunday is part two of our series looking at the book of James, and is also our next "Giving to Grow" gift day. Much has happened since we announced the gift days in February:
- We've almost concluded the negotiations to buy the college house
- We've found a venue for our Sandhurst site - Sandhurst School - where we'll start meeting from the 15th September
- From next Sunday we'll be making use of the rooms freed up by the office move for children's work on a Sunday (last Sunday we had 108 five to eleven year olds in the K2 Hall across the two morning meetings - we desperately need more space!)
- We've been able to repay a number of the interest free loans
- We've given £2,000 to Jubilee Church in the Wirral for their building project, and have another £4,000 to give away locally and internationally
That's great, but there's still so much more to do, and be paid for, so please be thinking and praying about what to give on Sunday. And if you're not going to be around this Sunday please go to the website and give online there, or put it in the offering the following Sunday marked "Gift Day".
I so appreciate everyone's generosity, and know that through your generosity you will be a recipient of God's abundant blessing.
Hope to catch you on Sunday,