This morning we had the last finance prayer meeting before breaking up for the summer (we'll start again on Thursday 5th September). We kicked off this prayer meeting just over two years ago at a time when we were struggling to get together the money to pay for the reception redevelopment. Since then a group of 6 to 12 of us have met every Thursday morning at 6am to pray for finance and resources for all we want to do as a community, and for salvation and people being saved as a result of what we do.
This morning we reflected on some of the prayers which God has answered in that time (and some of the things God did which we hadn't even prayed about!). It was quite an amazing list so I thought I'd share what I can remember of it! Here are just some of those things:
- Over £180,000 to pay for years 4 & 5 of the Serenje project.
- The remainder of the £125,000 needed to build the girls dormitory in Serenje
- £125,000 of interest free loans, which were pledged in under 24 hours of us announcing that we needed them, saving us having to take out a loan with the bank to redevelop reception
- Over £300,000 to redevelop reception, move the tech desk to the back of the auditorium, upgrade audio visual equipment and pay off interest free loans
- An increase in regular church giving of over 10% in 2013 and a further increase this year
- The provision of the K4 charity shop - we prayed for God to give us the right location and now it is the only charity shop in the town as a result of the redevelopment of the town centre
- The free use of The Barn which has allowed us to move most of the staff offsite and free up space in the Kerith Centre to use midweek and on Sundays
- A free warehouse in Bracknell for Foodbank, the K4 shop and other Kerith ministries to use (we only had confirmation of this at the beginning of this week)
- Numerous grants totalling well over £150,000 to support our social justice work
- Many tonnes of food donated by the local community for us to give away in the Foodbank
- The gift of a van which is used by the K4 shop and our social justice teams
- Favour with Bracknell and Wokingham College to buy the house behind K2, and £30,000 to pay the deposit and legal fees
- Over £46,000 (including gift aid) in the July "Give to Grow" gift day, taking the total this year to over £163,000 (well over half way to the target for the year)
- Favour with Sandhurst School in our negotiations to use their facilities on a Sunday.
- Well over 100 people baptised
It's amazing to think what God has done in just a couple of years. It's felt like a real struggle at times, but I think that's just part of God's plan to force us to rely on him, and to realise that our hope rests in him and not our own abilities or resources.
Thank you to everyone who has given, prayed, volunteered, encouraged, lead, followed and been a part of what God has been doing. As my wife would say "you are unique, together we are amazing!".