One of the many highlights of my sabbatical was getting to attend the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit in Chicago in August. Well in a little under two weeks time you get the opportunity to join me in that experience by coming to our own version of the event on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th October.
Please can I strongly encourage, implore and plead with you to do whatever it takes to be there! Having attended large amounts of leadership training, both in a secular work context and through church, the GLS is by far the best leadership event I have ever been a part of.
It doesn't matter whether you're a leader in a formal sense, or just someone trying to make a difference in your workplace, school, home or street. I can guarantee that coming along will inspire you to live differently, think differently and lead differently.
Highlights for me this year were:
- Bill Hybels opening talk which is as inspiring as ever
- Bill interviewing Brian Houston, the senior pastor of Hillsong, on some of the incredible personal challenges he has faced
- For anyone involved in dealing with cutomers (which is pretty much all of us in one way or another) Horst Schulze, the founder of the Ritz-Carlton group of hotels, giving a brilliant talk on how to create amazing customer service
- The brilliant Brené Brown speaking on the power of vulnerability and finding courage in our failure
- Ed Catmull, the co-founder of Pixar talking about the creative process and being a genius at telling stories
- Sam Adeyemi, a personal friend of Sola's, on developing leaders
- The comedain Michael Jr being very funny, including a video of him with his daughter which if you have a pulse will make you cry! If you want to see him in action take a look at this.
- And much more! You can see the full speaker lineup here.
You can book in here. And as an added bonus if you're a part of Kerith email us and we'll send you back a host member discount code to save 65%. No sneaky "we went to your building once" attempts, though - think 3+ months coming regularly :)
Either way the event is incredible value for what you'll get to hear. Please be there if you possibly can, even if it's for only one day of the two. You won't regret it :)