On Sunday I gave some ideas on how we can go about taking up our towels and follow Jesus command to serve one another. Several people asked me if I could post the tips I gave, so here they are:
- Study Jesus and seek to imitate Him
- Know your identity in Christ
- Be the first to offer to make the drinks
- Wash the dishes / empty the dishwasher (without telling everyone you did it)
- Declutter your life so you have time to respond to unexpected requests for help
- Forgive others freely, as Jesus forgave you
- Be generous financially (you are blessed to be a blessing)
- Make space for people to come into your world
- Serve in our church community
- See Jesus in everyone
Hope you have a great week of towel carrying!
ps Don't forget Wenesday's prayer meeting - 8pm in K2. Please park in the surgery car park to leave space for all our guests on Alpha.