Only a few days now until our Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit on Friday and Saturday. We've already got over 350 delegates booked in, 30 European leaders coming to be trained on how to run GLS in their own nations and friends coming to us from churches we work with in Serbia and Bulgaria. Very exciting.
It's still not too late to book in, which you can do here. And if you're part of Kerith you can still get a 65% discount, allowing you to get in to the two days for £35 or either Friday or Saturday for £21.15. You will need to get a promotional code which you can get by emailing our reception team.
Will Salmon, who heads up Willow in the UK, did a great blog last week with some ideas on getting ready for the Summit. I thought I'd include his ideas here, so that you can be in the best possible place to receive all God has for us on Friday and Saturday.
Hope to see you there :)
Here Are Some Ways You Can Prepare:
1. Pray. Ask God to clear your mind of clutter, prepare your spirit to learn a new truth and open your heart to hear His words to you as a leader.
2. Download the GLSnext app here. With this newly released resource, you can continue your learning after the Summit. Find hundreds of Global Leadership Summit video shorts organised by leadership topic (with more added each week). The entire leadership library is at your fingertips. And it’s free!
3. Watch a Pixar movie with a kid or a tween. Pull out a longtime favourite from your DVD collection or go to the cinema and watch the recently released Inside Out. Discuss your thoughts about the movie. Ed Catmull will give us a unique window into Pixar’s culture and how they manage to create innovative and impactful films, every time.
4. Think about the last time you received really bad customer service? List the elements that made it so awful and what could have turned it around. Horst Schulze will give us a deeper understanding of the mechanics of good service.
5. Read the story of the Feeding of the 5000 in John 6. One of the Summit talks will be built around this biblical text. Whose? We’ll let that be a surprise!
6. Take Liz Wiseman’s* Rookie Smarts quiz here.
7. Identify a recent time when you took a risk for a project or relationship – but something went wrong. Bring that experience to mind for Dr. Brené Brown’s* session. She will help us explore healthy ways we can emerge, Rising Strong, after a failure.
8. Get social with us! “Like” The Global Leadership Summit and WCA UK/IRE on Facebook. Follow the GLS and WCA UK/IRE on Twitter. Follow the conversation happening with the hashtag #GLS15. You’re definitely going to want to post and tweet about your experience!
9. BOOK YOURSELF IN or ADD TO YOUR TEAM. Call us on 023 8071 0295. We might even offer you a discount!