Our April gift day total (including gift aid) was £84,526. Together with the £220,000 we raised in November that gives us everything we need to do all that is in our hearts for the next few months. This includes:
- Paying off the remaining £65,000 of the mortgage on the K2 house. This will leaves us debt free as a church which is brilliant.
- Pay the first years rental on the Gospel Hall in Windsor. This has a hall which seats 40-50 people which will be perfect for midweek meetings, courses, parent and toddler groups and the like.
- Invest in equipment for our first Sunday meetings in Windsor. The current plan is to start doing these once a month at 4pm, meeting in the hall of the Anglican chuch in Dedworth. More details on this soon.
- Continue to develop our plans for the buildings in Bracknell & Sandhurst.
- Give away another £8,500 on top of the £22,000 we've already allocated to give away. £5,000 will go to the Tearfund East Africa appeal, and £3,500 to churches and organisations we work with.
Thank you so much to everyone who gave. It's so encouraging how things have moves forward and God has opened doors since we first announced the Vision Fund last September.
We'll be having another gift day in October. Hopefully by then we'll be able to talk more clearly about the plans for all three sites. Until then please continue to pray for God to move in and through all we're doing.
In addition to the Gift Day our regular giving in April was remarkable, coming in £33,149 over budget. Again a huge thank you to everyone who gave to make that possible.
That now means that this year we're £56,330 over budget in our giving. That is brilliant as it means that things we had hoped to do this year but had to delay in order to balance our budget can now be scheduled in. You should hopefully see the fruit of that over the next few months.
God is indeed our provider. He always gives us our "daily bread", giving us all we need to do all he has called us to do.